- It is located in Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- The three class rooms house Kindergarten and grade 1 classes.
- Eighty students, 34 girls and 46 boys squeeze into these three rooms.
- Students have access to a small playground but not to a library.
- Two teachers, Halima Sultana and Naznin Khatoon teach the KG and grade 1 classes. They both are high school graduates.
- The curriculum comprises of Bangla (native language of Bangladesh), English and Math.
- Extra-curricular activities and subjects include, music, games, general knowledge, health, story time and arts and crafts.
- The current, annual cost of operating this school is $2400 approximately.
- OBAT’s vision is to develop this school into an elementary school.
We would like to extend our deepest thanks to our new school sponsor - Friends of OBAT Plainfield, IN for adopting the Ferozeshah school, Chittagong
To find out how you can adopt a project - please visit our Adopt a Project page.