Some quick facts:
- School was started in January 2010.
- Second largest of all of OBAT’s schools in terms of enrollment- 305 students.
- Eight teachers; three maintenance workers, three other staff.
- It has seven rooms and two shifts, morning and afternoon.
- Five classes in a day in grades I and II; Six classes in grades III and IV.
- Health care center for students. Teachers help with nursing sick students back to health.
- A playground is enjoyed by students.
- Exams are held thrice a year.
- Approximate cost of running the school is $10,000/year.
Impact of Rangpur School:
OBAT has sponsored a program of higher education for Rangpur School children. As a result:
- Two students are now studying in Dhaka University
- Two students are studying at Rangpur University
- One student is at a private Engineering University at Dhaka
- Three Bachelors of Commerce students are now working as an auditor, medical representative and sales representative.
- The dropout rate for the camp kids at the camp school is only 2% compared to Rangpur Government School where it is 30-40%. Some of the reasons for the low dropour rate include a more nurturing environment and a strong commitment of the staff toward the growth and success of all students.
We would like to extend our deepest thanks to our school sponsor - Friends of OBAT - Dallas, TX - OBAT Primary School - Rangpur
To find out how you can adopt a project - please visit our Adopt a Project page.
Pictures from the school in Rangpur:
Greeting cards made by the kids at the school in Rangpur: